Medical Negligence is when treatment by a medical practitioner is considered below standard and results in either a worsening of the original injury or new injuries and complications. There are a range of medical practitioners that are subject to these law including GPs, hospitals, physiotherapists, chiropractors and dentists.
Under common law you may be entitled to sue for compensation and this is called a Medical Negligence Claim. You can be compensated for:
• pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
• lost income and loss of earning capacity due to your health
• cost of medical care and treatment related to your health
• out of pocket expenses such as travel and accommodation
• help you may need from paid professionals or voluntary help from your loved ones
In order to determine if there was medical negligence or a medical malpractice, you should seek professional legal advice. Nick Xenophon & Co. Lawyers are considered one of South Australia’s leading Medical Negligence Law firms. Call us on (08) 8336 8888 for a free no obligation consultation to see discuss the merits of your case or alternatively visit our website link www.xenlaw.com.au/medical-negligence-claim for further information.