If you have been injured at work, in a car accident or due to the negligence of another, irrespective of fault or responsibility, you may be entitled to the following payments:
• Damages for pain & suffering / loss of enjoyment of life – This is for the pain and restriction you suffer because of your injuries, and how they have impacted upon your pre-injury lifestyle.
• Loss of past and future income – If your injuries have resulted in a loss of income due to either having to stop work altogether, lost time from work or suffered some other loss of earning capacity, then you are entitled to claim for such loss. In addition, you are also entitled to claim for that future loss, if it is likely that such loss of income is going to continue into the future because of your injuries.
• Loss of past and future superannuation benefits – If you have suffered past and future loss of income as a result of your injuries, then you are also entitled to claim for the loss of superannuation associated with such loss.
• Past and future medical and rehabilitation expenses – Expenses which you may have incurred for medical or rehabilitation treatment, pharmaceuticals, medical aids, ergonomic aids, vehicle or home modifications or any other reasonable out of pocket expense because of your injuries, are entitled to be claimed as a reimbursement. Similarly, if you are likely to incur these types of expenses in the future because of your injuries, then you are also entitled to claim for the cost of those future expenses.
• Gratuitous or Paid Care and Assistance – If you are unable to undertake tasks of daily living because of your injuries, such as personal care, transportation or domestic duties (for example cleaning your home, doing laundry, caring for your lawns and garden or house maintenance) and you did those tasks yourself prior to your injury occurring, then you may be entitled to claim an amount of damages for the care provided to you. This care can be provided to you by your friends, family, associates or you may have engaged paid services to undertake the tasks you could not perform yourself due to your injury.
• Interest – Where you have suffered past monetary loss or incurred expenses due to your injuries, then under the law you are also entitled to claim the interest on those losses from the date they occurred to when your claim resolves.
At Nick Xenophon & Co. Lawyers you can have a FREE assessment to discuss your injury and potential claim entitlements with one of our expert injury compensation lawyers – that’s right your first interview is provided to you at no charge and no obligation. If you then wish to proceed to making a claim we can also offer you a NO FEE – NO WIN arrangement (some conditions apply). So you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by contacting us today on (08) 8336 8888.